Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Journal Response #18

If I could change two things about my school campus, I would get rid of certain teachers who just don't do their job. In my 2 years of going to Castle Park, I have came into contact with teachers who shove a book in my face and tell me to learn. No instruction, no interaction, just silence or some times chaos, and worksheets that require no effort except copying. That has always bothered me because I always do excellent in those classes but I really don't learn anything and at the end of the year it shows on exams and finals. I would have teachers come in that love their job and won't spend a majority of class time telling their students about their personal life or hiding behind their computer. I want to learn and my fellow students, that are actually serious about their education feel the same. I understand that college will be a similar in some aspects but because this is a high school I feel that some teachers need to be removed in order for students to actually learn. 


Another thing i would change about my school campus is the people running it. The new principal seems to never be around. Always hiding in her office and never interacting with her students. So far since she has taken over- I haven't seen much improvement in my school. If anything I feel like everything as gotten worse, especially with the recent controversies tainting the Castle Park reputation. When I was a freshman i only heard rumors that Castle Park was ghetto. Full of cholos and teachers who don't care about their students. I was pleasantly surprised when i discovered just how wonderful the school actually is. High test scores, excellent teachers and students. Castle Park was in the news for their achievements, their awesome Saturday school program and now I only see scandals left and right. This school needs better management before those revived rumors become a reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment